Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Take a walk on the Alternate Side

I dare you!
http://www.thealternateside.com/
Eclectic public radio station from Fordham University in the Bronx, New York.
I daresay it's better than WOXY.

It's the most appealing, innovative, and eclectic radio station I've come across so far (which aren't many, but more than most methinks). I've noticed that a few songs are played almost religiously, but I don't begrudge them this for a large portion of their program features music from deserving, largely unknown local artists.

Possible side effects from listening include an infectious urge to dance and wiggle, risk of attaining hipster status within your social circle, an expanded mind, and lifetime aspirations to be an indie singer-songwriter distinguished for producing obscene quantities of genre defying works of supreme danceability.

In other news, my driver's license arrived in the mail today! Now... to learn how to drive with confidence before I must assist in the transportation of the family and myself safely to Indiana and back. If I was driving an automatic it'd be a piece of cake, but alas, my parents are old school.

1 comment:

Idzie Desmarais said...

That looks cool... I should go to their site sometime when my brain is more functional. :-P

Anyway, I just tagged you!

RULES:
1.Each blogger must post these rules first.
2.Each blogger starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
3.Bloggers that are tagged need to write on their own blog about their 8 things.
4.At the end of your blog,you need to choose 8 people to get tagged and list their names.
5.Don't forget to leave them a comment,telling them that they've been tagged and to read your blog.